lunes, 3 de marzo de 2008

Ferraby Lionheart

I have to confess that, despite the subheading on my blog, I mostly want to keep it about fashion.

Living in Lima, Peru, finding interesting clothes and style inspiration is a hard task. I'm guessing this has to do with quite a few things, related mainly to the level of poverty a big segment of the country lives in, but I wouldn't blame it just on that. I would say it probably has much to do with fear. Fear of originality, uniqueness, and independence. In that sense, this post by Aisha, inspired me to start my own blog. I've never met her, even though we live in the same city and study at the same university, and I just discovered her blog today, but I share her views and impressions on Lima.

So, I said I actually intended to keep this blog about fashion, didn't I? But not today, not for my first post.


Today I'd like to talk about Ferraby Lionheart.

His music feels like getting home after a long tiresome journey. With a voice that is both soothing and strangely unique, he's quickly become one of my favourite finds ever.

With the large amoung of buskers trying to break into the musical scene, it's very easy, as a listener, to get lost somewhere between the good, the not so good and the plain mediocre. In that sense, Ferraby truly stands out as a true pearl. Thinking I might be exaggerating? Get his debut album, Catch the Brass Ring here or check out his myspace and decide for yourself.

If that's not enough to help you decide your mind, here's some audio-visual goodness for you.




No hay comentarios: